Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

alter/offerings

We went to Cha Cha Lounge last night to meet up with Tori for her Bday/going away party. She was late and we had to head off to our Repeal Prop 8 Benefit show at the Smell. We took photobooth photos before we left, between a martini and a smoka breaka. We'll post them later.

The Repeal Prop 8 Benefit Show at the Smell, with BlackBlack, Ilo Mar, Paloma Palfrey and Sleepwalkers Local, went well. We made $280.00 for Courage Campaign and Equality California. Not a lot, but not bad. Every bit helps.

Jenean and I had technical difficulties times ten during our set. I put new batteries in both my theremins right before going on stage and two seconds into our second song (Cloak & Dagger) both died. I threw them both on the ground, dropped to my knees and fashioned some noise in lieu of the actual sounds I was supposed to be making. With no theramin, our next song was also strange. And Jenean's amp went out during our last song, Sounds Outloud, which left us Ooohing and Ahhhing into our mics, kinda half-heartedly and confused.

I stood fifteen times on an alter, and fifteen times, I lost my head.

Tangier tonight with the wonderful, the amazing, We Are The World.



Hope to see you guys there!

much love,
nico

No comments: